Respond to referrals for programs and services offered by the department; determine services best suited to potential participant; improve the quality of services, productivity, generate revenue and create efficiency within Employment Services; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by maximizing the opportunities for persons with disabilities and disadvantages to become self-sufficient members of the community, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
1. Receive and respond to telephone inquiries and referrals relating to services and programs offered by GGI. Schedule and conduct interview with participant. Offer and schedule tours of ADT Programs and Services. Make a preliminary determination of eligibility and refer participant to other programs as appropriate. Obtain required authorizations for record requests and investigative procedures.
2. Provide for crisis management and problem solving and endeavor to prevent or resolve issues with referral agencies. Develop and maintain relationships with community referral agency sources to address issues of concern and explore enhancement opportunities.
3. Analyze information from interviews, educational and medical records, consultation with other professionals and diagnostic evaluations in order to assess clients’ abilities, needs and eligibility for services.
4. Market the placement services program within the community to employers, government agencies, community service organizations and other groups who may refer clients to GGI. Attend various meetings with departmental managers, senior staff, committee members, and others concerned with departmental and program issues. Attend internal training sessions as requested. Assist with planning annual events, securing attendees, and creating marketing material.
5. Research program development opportunities and requirements; further expand the DJJ program to recruit referrals and network with DJJ facilities to enhance the Self-Advocacy services.
6. Assist with departmental case closures and audit preparations.
7. Prepare, review and approve requisitions for supplies and funds required to fulfill program requirements utilizing internal software program.
8. Maintain and monitor petty cash accounts for both Placement Services and ADT departments, submitting reconciliation documentation to Accounting. Provide periodic audit of petty cash funds to direct supervisor.
9. Submit quarterly Vocational Rehabilitation reports on employee roster changes, employer job development tracking; submit contract changes report for new staff approval.
10. Maintain ETO database. Generate required reports including budgeting, program progress, benchmarks, annual management and other specific criteria and submit as prescribed. Assist with monthly Dashboard data generation.
11. Responsible for notification of approval in REBA (Division of Vocational Rehabilitation systems) invoicing, filing supporting documents to ensure payment. Post revenue to Kaizen, Rehab Master billing and Agency for Persons with Disabilities. Complete OJT reimbursement requests from Vocational Rehabilitation.
12. Assist with researching aged receivables tracking and follow-up. Enter updates into the AR Aging spreadsheet.
13. Assist with ADT participant attendance tracking and input of data.
14. Provide coverage of the front reception desk in the absence of the receptionist during breaks, PTO, etc. Exude a friendly demeanor; greet guests (internal and external) in a positive and upbeat manner both in person and on the phone.
15. Complete all documentation relevant to participant contact. Request records to validate eligibility.
16. Issue documentation for binding and creation of case file for distribution to appropriate program coordinator or case manager.
17. Maintain transportation report tracking for FDOT vehicles; coordinate with Purchasing when insurance and registrations are approaching lapses in coverage.
18. Assist with administrative tasks and data analysis of grants/projects as rewarded and received.
19. Assist the departments with Safety training tracking.
20. Track and maintain electronic training files and logs for departmental staff.
21. Provide assistance with other general department activities as directed and/or assigned by supervisor.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, or related field; or experience equivalent to a complete college or university education.
2. Minimum of one-year experience in Social Services.
3. Proficient in Word and Excel.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills developing rapport with co-workers, participants, their family members, referral agents, and/or other community partners.
5. Well-developed organizational, and communication skills; takes initiative with given projects and completes within timeframes.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; be detail-oriented, and possess time- management skills
7. Evidence of ability to interact collaboratively with staff and community organizations.
8. Evidence of excellent oral and written communications skills.
9. Organized and detail oriented.
10. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance, reliable transportation for travel to outlying locations and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy.
1. General office environment
2. Occasional pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping and bending
3. Occasional lifting and/or carrying up to 30 lbs.
4. Regular travel
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and usual peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, standard office equipment and safety equipment.
Pay Rate: $14.12/hour