Assist to move, store, and inventory warehouse items; prepare salvage material for sale; keep warehouse in proper order; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by portraying a positive image and maximizing revenues of the organization, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
1. Work from policies, standards, instructions, and other similar documentation.
2. Sort goods and determine items to be bundled as salvage and items to be trashed.
3. Operate salvage baling machine to bind salvage for sale. Wire bundle, weigh, and mark as directed.
4. Assist to move items in inventory to appropriate areas. Use pallet jack as necessary.
5. Break down cardboard boxes and place in proper area.
6. Move bins to designated areas.
7. Make certain warehouse and outside areas are clean and orderly.
8. Administer loss prevention policies and procedures as prescribed. Remain observant of security to identify theft and prevent damage.
9. May participate in the unloading and loading of truck as directed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and policies.
3. Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
4. Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand verbal/written instructions.
2. Minimum of three (3) months experience in a similar position.
3. Experience with usage of pallet jack.
1. Heavy lifting and carrying 50 lbs. minimum
2. Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping and bending
3. Regular exposure to extreme temperature
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Salvage machine, bundling wire, hand truck, pallet jack, ladder, and similar equipment, and required personal protective equipment and clothing.
Pay Rate: $8.50/hour