Supervise and coordinate activities of employees involved in operations of assigned retail store; assist to promote the sales of clothing items, wares, furniture, jewelry and sundry items; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by generating and maximizing revenues, working within the limits of standard practices and prescribed routines.
1. Provide assistance to supervise the retail store engaged in selling a general line of merchandise ensuring that sales budget and goals are met. Supervise daily retail store operations to include scheduling and utilization of staff, cash handling, donation processing and pricing, rotation of material, customer service, and store opening and closing procedures.
2. Support store management in supervising retailing activities and processing procedures. Complete daily assignment sheets and oversee daily store operation, filling in where necessary. Process clothes and wares as needed.
3. Verify that material selection and pricing levels meet company standards and management guidelines in order to achieve maximum sales and profits. Ensure product is displayed properly on sales floor and that goods are replaced, pulled, and rotated on a regular basis.
4. Provide feedback to management to improve store layout, store cleanliness, and product display and assist to make improvements in line with visual merchandising techniques within the parameters of approved standards.
5. Provide example and supervise retailing unit personnel in proper merchandising methods, customer service, selling procedures, and problem resolution. Assist to resolve customer and operational problems as soon as possible.
6. Make certain that in store accounting procedures are being followed. Balance sales receipts at end of shift; deliver bank deposits, and complete daily sales and cash reports when necessary.
7. Remain observant of all activity in store to identify theft and prevent shrinkage.
8. Maintain safe working and shopping conditions and assist to assure that processing, material movement, retail operations, and cleaning are performed in keeping with all safety, quality, cleanliness, and productivity standards and policies.
9. Assign and check the work of store personnel; provide assistance and direction, and assist them in the daily store operations and resolution of problems. Recommend and document disciplinary measures as required. Monitor and record attendance. Participate in performance evaluation and provide counseling and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
10. Perform any range of special projects associated with the tracking, recording, audit, reconciliation or compilation of data or transactions related to retail sales, as directed or special projects as requested.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.