Greet donors, accept donations, identify unsuitable material, maintain, inspect, and look after attended donation center donation area and grounds to make certain they are secure and in clean and orderly condition; contribute to the mission of Goodwill by portraying a positive image and maximizing revenues of the organization, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
1. Greet donor/customer upon arrival. Accept and assist with donations. Identify unsuitable material and inform donor of acceptance policy if necessary. Answer questions and issue receipts.
2. Break down and sort material into proper bins and move bins per policy guidelines.
3. Complete proper paperwork to account for number of donors, donation items processed, number of bins, time records and truck pickups.
4. Check donation center and outside area to ensure that area is clean and safe and meets acceptable standards.
5. Determine hazardous waste and notify supervisor according to procedure.
6. Perform daily call in to dispatcher to report numbers and request bin pick up and/or delivery and trash collection.
7. Work from policies, standards, instructions, and other similar documentation.
8. Administer loss prevention policies and procedures as prescribed. Remain observant of security to identify theft and prevent damage. Remain observant of security around location to identify theft and prevent damage. Secure the shed at closing
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and policies.
3. Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand verbal/written instructions.
2. Legible handwriting necessary for completion of forms.
3. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner; excellent customer service skills.
4. Ability and willingness to work at different worksites as needed.
1. Heavy lifting and carrying 50 lbs. minimum
2. Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping and bending
3. Regular exposure to extreme temperature
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Bins, hangers, racks, brooms, other standard equipment and required personal protective equipment and clothing.
Pay Rate: $8.50/hour