Perform functions to assist in facilitation of the processing of merchandise through Gulfstream Goodwill Industries’ E-Books department, while portraying a positive image for Gulfstream Goodwill Industries, Inc.
1. Select totes and take to station.
2. Using key information (ISBN number, UPC code, title, author, etc.) scan using computerized scanner equipment to establish value by the way of e-commerce software. If merchandise meets our criteria, enter pertinent data into listing program. Print out locator slip and place on item with locator number visible.
3. Sort items that fail to meet department criteria into separate tote. Label all totes in station accordingly.
4. May assist in responding to email and phone inquiries.
5. Pull merchandise off shelves with list generated by online orders. Generate packaging slips. Take cart of merchandise and packing slips to packaging station verify items and slips match.
6. Place merchandise and packaging slip into appropriately sized bubble mailer or box.
7. Perform other related duties as required.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Experience and education equivalent to High School Diploma or GED preferred
2. Ability to read and speak English and understand verbal/written instructions
3. Knowledge of internet search engines
4. Familiarity with packaging and shipping procedures and postage
5. Ability to work independently
1. Ability to handle and move large amounts of material around worksite
2. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
3. Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling, stooping, standing and bending
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, safety equipment, and a variety of standard office equipment.
Pay Rate: $10.50/hour