Perform duties to monitor and provide assistance and a safe and secure environment to participants in residence; assist with household chores; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by providing a safe environment for individuals and families experiencing homelessness, guided by established standards and procedures.
1. Orient guests to facility and personal areas. Review guest assignments and responsibilities. Assist guests in use of facility amenities; including but not limited to the laundry, recreational, and all applicable common areas.
2. Review arrival/departure procedures with guest, including emergency exits and procedure.
3. Escort guests as needed within the facility buildings and grounds.
4. Monitor guests while they are in residence, and maintain vigilance for their safety and security.
5. Maintain logs and make accurate and specific documentation of events occurring during shift including incident reports and notice of infractions.
6. Ensure that all guests are on the property grounds as scheduled. Ensure full participation by guests in the program activities set forth in each Individual Service Plan. Monitor and document participation where applicable.
7. Perform periodic attendance checks to ensure that all participants are in residence as scheduled.
8. Assist with random drug and alcohol testing.
9. Coordinate, monitor, and assist with cleaning assignments.
10. Check facility for cleanliness and inform management for need of repair.
11. Make sure that common area is ready for group program events/classes. Facilitate group meetings as required.
12. Perform any range of departmental assignments or special projects as requested.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people experiencing homelessness to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Education and experience equivalent to completion of high school
2. One year experience in a residential setting or customer service.
3. Excellent verbal communication skills and good written communication skills
4. Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and take direction
5. Ability to work in a team environment; ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner.
6. Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
7. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance, reliable transportation for travel to outlying locations and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy.
1. Residential setting
2. Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping, and bending
3. Prolonged periods of standing and walking
4. Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs. minimum
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer, standard peripherals and office equipment, company van, kitchen and laundry appliances, and safety equipment.
Pay Rate: $ 10.00 - $13.46/hour (Per diem)