Perform duties to train and monitor students with severe developmental disabilities prior to and following job placement, communicate with other team members regarding student’s skill levels and progress, document activities for case files; contribute to the mission of Goodwill by portraying a positive image and maximizing the number of successful job placements of students with disabilities, working within the limits of prescribed routines. Assist the teacher in the supervision students; assist with clerical functions; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by maximizing the opportunities for students with disabilities and other barriers to become more independent.
1. Assess the duties required to perform a specific job in which a student is to be placed. Outline or draw a set of simple instructions in order of performance for student. Model the job skills for the student.
2. Observe the student at the job site, watching for performance of duties as well as appearance, hygiene, interaction with others and ability to follow instructions and accept direction from supervisors and co-workers. Evaluate the student’s work abilities for CBSA’s. Continue the training and monitoring as needed to improve any deficiencies in performance.
3. Communicate with student to facilitate the work processes and address actions that may require attention or correction. Call student’s work place periodically to check on attendance and job performance satisfaction. Discuss and set up strategies with the student’s supervisor and/co-workers to minimize future problems. Serve as the facilitator for the student and the employer.
4. Develop job rotation sites within the Project Search Business site for student interns
5. Assist teacher with general clerical work by maintaining student records, preparing and distributing teaching materials and grading assignments. Assist teacher with lunchroom and outdoor responsibilities
6. Assists students in individualized and small group instruction, under the direct supervision of the assigned teacher(s).
7. Perform any range of department administrative assignments or special projects as requested.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Broad knowledge of a discipline, such as Business Administration, Sociology, or Social Science. Equivalent to a complete college or university education plus training in CPR and First Aid.
2. Over one year of experience in a similar field.
3. Computer literacy (W.O.W.E. and other programs).
4. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups, and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
5. Background in rehabilitation, retail or non-profit environment preferred.
6. Valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record for insurability under company insurance and ability to travel to outlying locations.
1. General office environment
2. Prolonged periods of sitting and standing
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Use vehicle, computer, usual peripherals and office software, and standard office equipment.
Per Diem position