Plan, organize, and oversee all operations of assigned retail store; promote the sales of clothing items, wares, furniture, jewelry and sundry items to attain both short- and long-range objectives for hang count and sales goals within budgetary limits; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by generating and maximizing revenues, working within the limits of established policies.
1. Manage general store and donation center operations to include adequate staffing levels, cash handling and management, donation processing and pricing, customer service, and store opening and closing procedures.
2. Implement, supervise, and assist retailing activities and processing procedures. Ensure that material selection and soft goods pricing levels meet company standards and achieve maximum sales and profits. Establish and manage pricing for hard goods to remain competitive in market area and to attain highest revenue potential. Process clothes and wares, as needed.
3. Plan, monitor, evaluate and improve store layout, store cleanliness, product display, and/or improvements in line with visual merchandising techniques within the parameters of approved standards to meet business plans and/or needs.
4. Provide example and train retailing unit personnel in proper merchandising methods, customer service, selling procedures, and problem resolution.
5. Implement, supervise, and assist donation center receiving and processing procedures. Ensure that handling operations meet company standards and attendants are trained to identify, document, handle and dispose of hazardous waste materials. Provide example and train attendants in methods of receiving and documenting donations, customer service, and problem resolution. Stress the importance of a positive public perception of the respect GGI has for its donated goods.
6. Ensure that in store accounting procedures and cash accountability are in place. Monitor sales receipts and cash handling routinely. Prepare daily, weekly, monthly cash flow reports as required and deliver deposit to bank.
7. Assure that processing, material movement, retail operations, donation center operations and cleaning are performed in keeping with all safety, quality, cleanliness, and productivity standards and policies.
8. Remain observant of all activity in store to identify theft and prevent shrinkage.
9. Conduct safety meetings with staff to inform employees of policies and procedures, to maintain a safe working and shopping environment in all areas of the store, and to instill safe working habits for all staff.
10. Interview, select, recommend, hire, train and supervise assigned staff. Assign and check work. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Evaluate performance and provide counseling and coaching to employees. Initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations. Implement staffing plans and related budgets.
11. Perform any range of special projects associated with the tracking, recording, audit, reconciliation or compilation of data or transactions related to retail sales, as directed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Experience and education equivalent to High School Diploma or GED; college level courses in business or marketing preferred.
2. Minimum three (3) year previous sales or public contact experience.
3. Minimum one (1) year supervisory experience required.
4. Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand verbal/written instructions.
5. Basic computer skills and cash register operation experience.
6. Successful experience in dealing with numbers, including cash handling.
7. Must be detail oriented; ability to meet schedules and complete work assignments successfully.
8. Ability to follow instructions and attentive to details.
9. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner; excellent customer service skills.
10. Ability to work inconsistent and atypical hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
11. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance, reliable transportation for travel to outlying locations and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy.
1. Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping, bending and bagging of goods
2. Prolonged periods of standing, walking and sitting
3. Ability to lift and carry in excess of 20 lbs.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, cash registers, tagging/pricing equipment, lift gear as well as standard store, office and safety equipment.