***** Due to contract requirements, priority will be given to persons with disabilities.****
Perform duties to keep the North and Southbound Rest Areas on I-95 clean and well maintained for customer use; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by presenting a positive image to the community, within the limitations of standard methods and procedures.
1. Cleans areas in restrooms including toilets, sinks, floors, stall doors, soap dispensers, walls, ceilings and divider doors.
2. Sweeps and mops foyer floor.
3. Sweeps or blows off curbs and gutters.
4. Cleans picnic tables and sweeps platforms.
5. Refills soap supplies as needed.
6. Maintains attendants’ room in a neat and clean manner.
7. Empties trash cans and replaces bags.
8. Picks up trash in flower beds, parking lot and around building; weeds flowerbed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and policies.
3. Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
4. Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Demonstrated ability to communicate in English and understand simple verbal and/or written instructions.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate with co-workers and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
3. Ability to adhere to all safety procedures during all undertakings while on the job.
1. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
2. Physically agile; bending, lifting, stooping and stretching.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Use floor cleaning equipment, brooms, hoses, and required personal protective equipment and clothing.
People with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply
Per Diem position
Pay Rate: $8.46 - $9.00/hr