Perform duties to operate company truck to pick up and transport donations from clients, and pick up and deliver goods and bins to and from warehouse, sheds, and stores within defined local boundaries; contribute to the mission of Goodwill by portraying a positive image and maximizing revenues of the organization, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
1. Work from policies, standards, and instructions, vehicle inspection lists, driver logs and other similar documentation.
2. Follow defined schedules to perform periodic vehicle inspections in accordance with procedures. Document inspection and report the need for repairs. Perform routine maintenance operations on vehicles as needed and fuel vehicles as assigned, record fueling data on receipts and make and submit copies in keeping with prescribed procedures.
3. Drive to designated locations in compliance with all defined regulations. Greet donor/customer upon arrival and accept donations. Identify unsuitable material and inform donor of acceptance policy if necessary. Answer questions and issue receipts.
4. Pick up and load donated furniture and goods on to truck and secure load to avoid shifting or damage in transit. Document information, provide for count and identification of donations as required and represent the organization’s interests with the client.
5. Maintain communications with dispatcher and report any unusual circumstances.
6. Drive to warehouse and participate in the unloading and loading of truck as directed. Deliver, move, or transfer furniture, bins, and goods from location to location per direction and policy guidelines.
7. Make certain truck and loading areas are clean and orderly.
8. Assist warehouse staff, dispatchers, and others to prepare loads, prepare salvage, maintain documentation, and clean warehouse.
9. Administer loss prevention policies and procedures as prescribed. Remain observant of security to identify theft and prevent damage.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and policies.
3. Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions are followed within area of responsibility, wear required personal protective equipment and clothing, and keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
4. Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Must have a valid Florida Class B CDL along with medical examiner’s certification, valid insurance, and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy.
2. Minimum one (1) year previous truck driving experience in full-size van (straight transmission) preferred.
3. Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand verbal/written instructions for clear communication with donors, including the ability to write.
4. Legible handwriting necessary for completion of forms.
5. Knowledge of local geographical area.
6. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner; excellent customer service skills.
1. Heavy lifting and carrying in excess of 75 lbs.
2. Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping and bending
3. Regular exposure to extreme weather conditions
4. Regularly getting in and out of truck
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, ladder, equipment lift, hydraulic lift gate, truck and similar equipment, and required personal protective equipment and clothing.
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour